How can i make my car louder in nevada?

I want to make my car louder, however, the law in nevada states that “Mufflers are required on all vehicles and must be in working condition to limit noise and pollution.

Muffler bypasses, cutouts and similar devices that amplify sound are not permitted on highways.” how can i work around this?

1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

look at a Flow Master 50 or 60 muffler.........................

• 1 year ago

Make a recording of car engine noise and play it through the car sound system. Because the roads are not a track and driving on the street is not a race. And a noise from a car is annoying to other people. Plus opening up the exhaust makes very little difference in street driving.

• JohnO
    1 year ago

When I'm going for my evening walk with my headphones in listening to a book, you're the ignoramus who makes me have to pause my book and rewind it until you're well down the road. No thanks. I hope you get ticketed.

• 1 year ago

Wind down the windows and shout throaty “BRRRMMM! BRRRMMM!” noises as loudly as you can.

That law is unambiguously clear. You can’t do anything legally to the vehicle to achieve your dream.

In any case, even if you could then for every person who looks at you when you drive and thinks “Cool!” there will be dozens of others thinking “Tool!”

1 year ago

The workaround is to grow up and become a rational law abiding adult. WE don't want to hear your car (or your complaining). FAIL.

• JetDoc
    1 year ago

You CAN'T! That law was written especially for young IDIOTS like you who think that more NOISE = more power. Actually, with modern engines, modifying the exhaust to make more noise can produce LESS power.

• Robsteriark
      1 year agoReport

The back flow is what creates resonant back pressure. That effectively gives similar benefits to supercharging as it ensures a full burn of the fuel-air mixture. In doing so it also reduces emissions. The most extreme example of this is a tuned pipe muffler which at the right RPM gives huge gains.

• Vulcan
    1 year ago

get your car registered in Califorina

1 year ago

Remove the muffler and rev the engine in a town.

• Jeff
    1 year ago

Try performance mufflers.

• Ron
    1 year ago

Legally you can't work around it ya dipwad. You are of course free to do whatever you want and deal with any consequences