Kyle
Kyle asked in SportsBaseball · 1 year ago

What should happen with Addison Russell?

MLB placed him on administrative leave after new allegations from a blog of his ex wife detailing domestic violence against her. while they started the investigation last summer, after her friend claimed the DV, she wouldn't cooperate, and MLB never officially closed it.

who knows if his ex wife will cooperate, but what should MLB /or the Cubs do with Addison Russell?

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Nothing can be ruled on until he faces trial. But as far as a player goes I would trade him. Resign David Murphy to play second and move Baez back to short. Russell has been a disappointment since 2016 offensively. Murphy provides the Cubs a leadoff hitter and Baez is tremendous defensively either at short or second. You also have Ian Happ waiting in the wings to take over for Murphy at 2nd after next year.

• 1 year ago

If he truly did it, she would have came forward a long time ago and would be cooperating right now. And, if he did it he needs to go to prison and be suspended from all baseball activities, but until he is proven guilty he should get to play.

• 1 year ago

Addison Russell has not been the same since 2016.

• 1 year ago

I think Addison Russell will be suspended.

• 1 year ago

I think this is yet another instance is guilty until they prove themselves innocent. It's just sad.

• Kyle
      1 year agoReport

it's a lose lose situation. if the women is right, Russell's career is over, and likely should be in jail. if Russell is right, the women lied and tried to defame his career and morality, and whatever else she wanted for attention.

• 1 year ago

I Will Say That They Should Suspend Him,Until He Cleans Up His Act.

• I agree with you. He needs to get it together.