Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 year ago

will this meal cause an insulin spike?

it's a ready meal beaf chilli.

it has 80g carbs which includes 10g simple sugars.

8.4g of fat (1.9g saturated)

31g protein

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

GASP!!! 80 grams of carbs? It's not the sugars that are the danger, it's the total carbs. Your diabetes education class (if you took one, sponsored by your local hospital) should show you that the most carbs you should eat in a meal is 45 grams. That being said, you really don't need ANY carbs in your diet, especially if you are diabetic. And yes, I am one, too. But I discovered from watching youtube videos by dr berg and studying the ketogenic diet (and following it with only 9 grams of carbs or less in a meal) that I could lower my blood sugar, and even have it not spike at all after a meal. I recommend you watch his videos, like "What I would Eat if I were Diabetic". I expect that you want to reverse, or cure, your disease, not just humor the doctors while they give you stronger and stronger meds and increasingly higher doses of insulin and your limbs rot off. The key to lowering your blood sugar, and keeping it low, is to make all GRAINS off limits, and potatoes and corn. And anything else that has more than 9 or 10 grams of carbs in it. So you can eat lots of green leafy salads, 3-6 ounces of meat, cheese, steamed and raw veggies (especially cruciferous ones), and water. If you want to eat that beef chili, go right ahead, just pick out the beans (don't eat them). Have a salad on the side.

• Check the fat content. Fat lowers the blood glucose/insulin response from carbs/sugars. But too much of processed fructose (sugar is half glucose, half fructose) leads to insulin resistance via the liver so be careful of those sugars.