Tips to stop procrastinating?

Update: I've just entered high school, and while being one of the top students in my school last year, I've found that my focus is gradually worsening. For instance, I find it hard to sit down and just do my homework, and the fact that I chose to take a more rigorous class doesn't help. Usually, what I'll... show more I've just entered high school, and while being one of the top students in my school last year, I've found that my focus is gradually worsening. For instance, I find it hard to sit down and just do my homework, and the fact that I chose to take a more rigorous class doesn't help. Usually, what I'll do is I'll tell myself that, no matter what, I'm going to get my work done. Then, hours later, I'll probably end up surfing the web and researching various topics that don't pertain to my homework.
Update 2: The only reason I'm passing the class is due to my instinctual intellect. I don't think I've ever failed a test before, whether I've studied the material or not. I learn quickly. Then again, we have reading assignments every week and I'm a month behind. I've buried this hole for myself that... show more The only reason I'm passing the class is due to my instinctual intellect. I don't think I've ever failed a test before, whether I've studied the material or not. I learn quickly. Then again, we have reading assignments every week and I'm a month behind. I've buried this hole for myself that I'm having trouble crawling out of. I'm worried that once finals come, I'll start failing because I've been procrastinating the material too much.