KTPPF is a stock that I’m receiving calls and text telling me to buy. Does this look like a “pop and drop” stock?

The service claims they are stock advisors, but they are only concerned about this one stock. Very little info on “Katipult “.

Favorite Answer

Anything with 5 tickers and the letter F at the end is an unsponsored ADR. If you aren't actively looking for the company just avoid it.

• Who

Who cares what it looks like

Nobody in their right mind would buy a stock just cos they get calls telling them to buy it

• Dan B

Katipult Technology Corp. is a financial technology company, which a cloud-based software infrastructure that allows firms to design, set up and operate an investment platform. The company was founded by Brock Murray and Pheak Meas on December 12, 2016 and is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada.

This stock is in the class of Penny Stocks (prices usually less than $1.00 per share). Penny stocks are extremely risky. People who own the largest %age of a company's stock try to get others to buy it. If enough speculators buy it, the price goes up. Then everyone who watches this stock sells their shares at a profit. That causes the price to drop, sometimes below the price you paid for yours; leaves you holding he bag. It may be just this side of legalized stock price manipulation.

Well, the stock of the underlying ADF certainly popped in recent months, more than doubling, and certainly is dropping now.

https://web.tmxmoney.com/charting.php?qm_symbol=FU...

I don't think the company is a complete fraud, but I am not an expert. They have what appears to be a relatively innovative approach which may or may not be successful.

They are continuing to lose money, but given how new they are that is nor surprising or overly concerning, at least to me.

I do have some major concerns about the company.

1. I think there is real doubt that they have enough access to capital to reach the point of profitability.

2. They are not growing particularly quickly for a new company.

3. I have some doubts about how many of their customers will be able to stay in business.

4. Although they do file financial statements in Canada, they seem slow and irregular in getting them out.

5. I have no reason to believe their management team is very strong.

I think either the company will start making money in the next year or so or, if it doesn't, it will go belly-up. If it does start making money I am afraid they will have proven the viability of their model, and the big boys will start competing with them. If they are bought out people buying today will probably make a nice profit but the profit will be limited.

Remember that I am not a financial professional by any stretch of the imagination, so my opinions are likely only worth what you paid for them.

Sounds like pump and dump. Ask to see a financial statement which will probably show negative retained earnings. There are no filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission or annual report to stockholders so this sounds like the worst of the worst.

It's a pump and dump scheme

No news at all and $1.05 a share.

Sounds like a Pump and Dump scheme.

It's a scam, of course. Do you really need to ask?

no, it looks more like a pump and dump to me