Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 years ago

Christians, what's your opinion about Joyce Meyer's ministry? I m not asking about her wealth. I am asking about her teachings?

I am planning to invest in the study Bible written be her.

But since it is expensive, I want opinion from many Christians from many forums

• Rod
    Favorite Answer

I have heard Joyce Meyer scoff at scriptures like:

(1Tim 2:12) But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Joyce has said God called her to minister the gospel to his people both men and woman --- and that scripture doesn't apply to her!

Do we believe Joyce or do we believe God's word ?

Joyce like others in the word of faith movement seem to cherry pick verses from the bible which they like and ignore others which they don't like.

Joyce Meyer, Benny Hinn and the word of faiths teaching is charismatic theology which is not accepted by all christians --the mixing of bible truth with man's traditions and philosophies about God (Col 2:8) sums up the word of faith movements existence.

Meyer believes the spiritual gifts of healings etc, are still in the church today (Mark 16:15-20 & 1Cor 12:27-31)

Yet in the past Joyce has seeked medical treatment from doctors for her serious health problems --- and has given excuses why God didn't heal her instead.

She like others in the word of faith has taught that all christians are "gods" based on the words of Jesus in (John 10:34) yet ignoring the context that Jesus was speaking about the judges of Israel living under the law being called that by God to them only (Psa 82:6)

Meyer believes that between Christ's death and resurrection that he actually went to hell and defeated the devil -- yet nowhere in the bible does it say satan has ever been in hell.

I'm not trying to be negative about Joyce Meyer and the word of faith movement in general --- she like others probably does know the Lord Jesus Christ as her Saviour and believes he died for their sins --- but this doesn't mean all of God's people are going to preach and teach his truth accurately and honestly (2Tim 3:16) if you don't lean unto God's understanding and not your own (Prov 3:5-6)

Yes, Joyce has helped many christian woman with issues in their lives that only another woman can help with --- which is good but preaching and teaching God's word to men and women is not God's will.

A person can know with certainty Jesus exists and is God by way of having true devotion to the Immaculate Heart of the Virgin Mary.

• ?

I have been a Christian for over two decades. I listened to Joyce Meyer a lot as a young Christian and found her focus on practical Christian living to be very helpful. I have also known several others who purchased her books and found them helpful.

I don't 100% agree with anyone (even some of the things I've said in the past), but I haven't heard anything from Joyce Meyer that I'd consider dangerously heretical.

For some reason, many Christians get it in their heads that it's their right to judge the ministries of others. I figure that it's Christ's church, and I only have a finite perspective. Why risk speaking against something that is potentially a work of God (unless, of course, it's an overt, obvious heresy). We certainly shouldn't dismiss something just because it's successful - that is logically nonsensical.

She posts a lot of her teachings on Youtube. I'd encourage you to listen to her and decide for yourself if her style of ministry and communication is a fit for you. Don't forget to bring God in on the decision.

She is a hot mess

She is a false teacher

I have a very negative opinion of her and most televangelists. Last I heard, she was "teaching" people how to speak in tongues. All gifts of the Holy Spirit are GIVEN by the Holy Spirit. No one ever needed to be "taught" how to do it. And by the way, tongues is obsolete now. It was a sign gift for the early church. 1 Corinthians 13:8.

On another subject: Women should not teach mixed groups of men and women, which she obviously does since she's on TV. I agree with the one who called her a false prophet.

She’s a false prophet

Donate your money to a worthy cause instead

Here's my opinion:

Acts 7:48:

"the Most High does not dwell in houses made with hands."

Maybe you should invest a few hundred dollars in a CD, instead. That way, you'll eventually get a return on your money.