How do you separate horror from science fiction?

Like, some say Invisible Man and Frankenstein are horror, I say could go either way. I think a bit of the macabre, some devil possession , ghosts, or insanity has to be involved to be horror Even obsessive/compulsive like witch hunters. Any scientist that makes himself invisible or creates a creature or... show more Like, some say Invisible Man and Frankenstein are horror, I say could go either way. I think a bit of the macabre, some devil possession , ghosts, or insanity has to be involved to be horror Even obsessive/compulsive like witch hunters.

Any scientist that makes himself invisible or creates a creature or flies to moon in a sphere or a giant made from radioactive fallout; no matter what horrors we see in the picture; is Sci Fi.
Update: I guess many these days y separate any blood/gore as Horror. Yet, original Dracula, not One Drop of blood. Lugosi Paled at the sight of it. So this is why I say. macabre, devil, witches, demons, possession, etc, makes it horror, So what is the Terminator? Sci Fi But, a lot of shooting. I guess, ... show more I guess many these days y separate any blood/gore as Horror. Yet, original Dracula, not One Drop of blood. Lugosi Paled at the sight of it. So this is why I say. macabre, devil, witches, demons, possession, etc, makes it horror,

So what is the Terminator? Sci Fi But, a lot of shooting. I guess, stabbing/total dismemberment separates action/sci fi from horror. If a good old Anglo Saxon gun used, its Action.