Windows 7 volume is too loud until I adjust it?

very often, my computer volume is WAY too loud until I shift the slider. let s say I m on youtube, and my slider is nearly at its lowest. it blasts out of my speakers, and while the video is playing, i ll open the mixer and adjust it a tiny bit, and the audio becomes as quiet as it s supposed to be. if I pause the... show more very often, my computer volume is WAY too loud until I shift the slider. let s say I m on youtube, and my slider is nearly at its lowest. it blasts out of my speakers, and while the video is playing, i ll open the mixer and adjust it a tiny bit, and the audio becomes as quiet as it s supposed to be. if I pause the video and leave it alone for a certain amount of time, it ll be ridiculously loud again then next time I press play, even if I haven t touched my volume. this goes for all websites and programs that have audio, and it s been this way for YEARS. "loudness equalization" does nothing to change this.
Update: I don't think some of you understood my question, even though it was pretty clear. I should add that I have no knobs on my speakers, but it's not the hardware, nor youtube that are the issues. this is with ANY audio; games, anything online, windows media player, even my video editing software. reread the... show more I don't think some of you understood my question, even though it was pretty clear. I should add that I have no knobs on my speakers, but it's not the hardware, nor youtube that are the issues. this is with ANY audio; games, anything online, windows media player, even my video editing software. reread the question.
Update 2: the slider on my volume control is so low, I should barely be able to hear anything, but sometimes it still blasts loud until I grab the slider and move it VERY slightly up or down, then it returns to the volume it should've been. if I leave it alone, or pause something and unpause it a few minutes later, the... show more the slider on my volume control is so low, I should barely be able to hear anything, but sometimes it still blasts loud until I grab the slider and move it VERY slightly up or down, then it returns to the volume it should've been. if I leave it alone, or pause something and unpause it a few minutes later, the volume is horribly loud again until I, once again, BARELY move the volume slider. I have ONE good answer below, and to that person, I will mention that.... my drivers are all up to date...