I saw the Nike ad and admit it has Beautiful sentiments. I thought it was an Ad for St. Jude's Children's Hospital?

But they could have gotten ANY player to do that endorsement? Like New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning?

"The Giants quarterback raised nearly $3 million over a five year-period from 2007 to 2012 to build his Eli Manning Children's Clinic in Mississippi, which provides outpatient care to more than 75,000 children each year"

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2656316-10-cur...

Nike you dropped the ball and wasted a beautiful ad.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

100% agreed.

There were so many people who are much more deserving.

Too bad Eli couldn't have been chosen solely because he is a white man from a wealthy family.

• Sally
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

No, they didn't drop the ball. They picked exactly the person they wanted, and they wanted him for a variety of reasons.

You don't think they realize they could have chosen other players? BTW, their stock has gone up 31%.

• A Hunch
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Their stock is down $2Billion. Their sales are up 31% since the same time in Sept 2017 - what was in in August 2018? If you don't know what you are talking about... don't answer the question.

• 1 year ago

Why? Because you have a problem with a black man who has the balls to stand up for something, or in this case, kneel for something?

• Trigger
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

You think what he did took ballz? lmao

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Sales for Nike are up 31% on the back of that ad.

Seems pretty shrewd to me.

• A Hunch
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

We don't know if sales or up or not. It appears to be a big spin. They are comparing Sept 1 2017 with Sept 1 2018. What were the sales 8/23/2018???

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

you think they care?

you just talking about them is helping them

thats why they did something that would make headlines and anger people

companies like to play people for saps, and your one of the saps

• Trigger
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

The Ad makes me want to donate money to St. Judes, not buy their stupid shoes.

• 1 year ago

For those of us who have experienced police brutality, it means a great deal to know that there are people out there who don't blindly follow the pro-police propaganda line.

• A Hunch
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Mindy Sue- It is a sad existence you live in. You can't think of situation where they did "good"... there are stories every day. But what resonates the most with me? Situations of mass shootings directed at officers (SB 2015, Dallas 2016, etc) & they go out there to do their job & keep us safe.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.