My landlord took the washing machine that I sold to the next tenant.?

I moved out and I sold the washing machine and dryer that I bought to the next tenant. Before the next tenant confirmed that she would buy them, I already told the landlord that I have plan to sell them to the next tenant, otherwise I would sell them to others when we discuss about the moving with real estate... show more I moved out and I sold the washing machine and dryer that I bought to the next tenant. Before the next tenant confirmed that she would buy them, I already told the landlord that I have plan to sell them to the next tenant, otherwise I would sell them to others when we discuss about the moving with real estate broker.
one week after my family moved out, the next tenant moved in and found that there is no washing machine and called me.
I asked landlord and he said that he hired cleaning company to clean the house and he did not know that there were washing machine and dryer. However, the tenant said that the landlord told that he thought that they are just garbage and paid the cleaning company to remove them for 150 bucks.
The next tenant blames me and wants me to pay money back. I don t know what to do...
My dad went to the house and found that there was dryer s air valve from the landlord s garage.