Who's problem is this: My landlord's or UPS's?

I recently moved into an apartment in a big city. It's a fairly small complex, with a locked front door. While regular weekday mail has no trouble arriving, ordering anything online and getting it delivered is a pain. Apparently neither UPS nor FedEx have keys to the building, so on any given day there are... show more I recently moved into an apartment in a big city. It's a fairly small complex, with a locked front door. While regular weekday mail has no trouble arriving, ordering anything online and getting it delivered is a pain. Apparently neither UPS nor FedEx have keys to the building, so on any given day there are always a huge number of "Missed you! We'll try again tomorrow" or "sorry we couldn't access the building" notices from failed deliveries stuck on the front door of the building. None of these carriers can access the building to do their job, and when I called my landlord some numbskull on the end just parroted "it's our security policy" back at me. This is an inconvenience for everyone in the building. Everyone ends up have to go across the city to random pickup facilities just to get packages that could've easily been delivered to their mailboxes. Sometimes even when I'm physically IN my apartment, they won't bother ringing the bell and will just leave a "Missed you!" notice. I'm not sure if there is a key and they just can't be bothered to find it or if this is all on the landlord. Is this a regular problem in city apartment complexes?
33 answers 33