Can employers legally sack or refuse employment to any person based on what these employers find on the Internet about that person?

As in an employer who will do a Google search on any prospective or current employee of his/her establishment. I genuinely believe my ability to keep or apply for a job will most likely be affected as I had confessed (yes, confessed) online about being a paedophile/child molester when I’m not one. At first I... show more As in an employer who will do a Google search on any prospective or current employee of his/her establishment. I genuinely believe my ability to keep or apply for a job will most likely be affected as I had confessed (yes, confessed) online about being a paedophile/child molester when I’m not one.

At first I thought having a clean criminal record would clear me of any crime, but I also realised I confessed to being a paedophile/child molester when I was never one which is as good as a criminal conviction since I’m confessing to being one , even though I’m not really one.
21 answers 21