I seem to find girls staring at me at university and I'm a girl? Why?

So I just went to uni, and I've noticed that people just stare at me, like their in a trance or something! these are straight girls and I'm also a girl! Like I caught this girl staring at me and when I caught her, its almost like she shook her head out of a gaze. Some also stare at me like they were... show more So I just went to uni, and I've noticed that people just stare at me, like their in a trance or something! these are straight girls and I'm also a girl! Like I caught this girl staring at me and when I caught her, its almost like she shook her head out of a gaze. Some also stare at me like they were admiring me, I can't explain it! There was this girl who would keep looking at me at every sentence she would say to my friend! It was very weird. And I've caught her staring at me admiringly at group situations & she would just smile & not look away! In fact I've noticed girls just looking at me like they've never seen someone like me before and it's quite weird! Most are white girls and some coloured girls too! I'm a mixedrace girl with golden braids. I told my dad this and he just laughed! Men stare too, although that's another story, but I've literally just noticed that some girls act strange in my presence and just STARE!!! I'm not strange looking (I hope) and a lot of guys like me (so I've been told, but do not care). So why is that? I'm super nice to everyone and there's lots of girls who look like me and have the same hair type, but why me?