USPS missed expected delivery date, Ebay said "guaranteed delivery" by today, haven't got the package. What should I do? Says "In-Transit"?

This is what it says right now (latest)

"September 8, 2018

In Transit to Next Facility

Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered by the expected delivery date. It is currently in transit to the next facility. "

• ron h
    1 year ago

did it get there by the end of that day?

• 1 year ago

If you absolutely need the ordered item, call them to relay that you have not received the package.

Otherwise, just wait for it to arrive.'

It appears as though the item is still in transit.

• 1 year ago

Obviously this answer is late, but you shouldn't have done anything other than keep waiting for the parcel. Once it was in your hands & you were leaving feedback, you would have been prompted to say whether it had been delivered by the expected date. Missing the expected delivery date is not a good reason to leave negative feedback; things happen sometimes.

1 year ago

@ hifumi - you probably have received the item by now and if you got a refund on your paypal, then you MUST return the item to the seller !!

ebay is NOT the seller either; it's someone who has an account on ebay ( like I do )

• D J
    1 year ago

If you paid extra for guaranteed delivery on a certain date, you should you request your freight charges refunded. If not, you are owned nothing but the good. The shipper can not guarantee USPS will do their job in a timely manner.

1 year ago

The shipper can file for a refund of the postage, but the USPS makes it really difficult to do so.

• 1 year ago

In transit means it's on the mail truck that's out on it's delivery today. Some mail can be delivered up to 8pm Expect to see it tomorrow if they can't get to your house by 8.

• William1 year agoReport

No, that is not what "in transit" means. "Out for delivery" is what it says when the item is out for delivery to the recipient that day. "In transit" means between mail/parcel facilities.

• 1 year ago

It is not a matter of what you "should" do. It is a matter of what you "can" do. NOTHING. Be patient. If the "guaranteed" means a full refund, request it.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
    • I already chargebacked on PayPal, I think I can cancel it. Should I cancel now or wait for the headband to arrive THEN cancel the chargeback? Also can the seller contact Ebay, or contact USPS and tell them I chargebacked and I shouldn't get the package? Sorry for so many questions.

• 1 year ago

i would just wait since its in transit

• Matt
    1 year ago

Contact Ebay and get the refund that is due to you.