Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 1 year ago

If time is constant, why does man appear as though he understands where it overlap.?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

Time is relevant.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Why do you think time is constant? Einstein would not have agreed with that assumption.

• 1 year ago

Why Does Time Seem to Pass at Different Speeds

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/out-the-da...

10 Ways Our Minds Warp Time

https://www.spring.org.uk/2011/06/10-ways-our-mind...

• 1 year ago

Time perception is a field of study within psychology, cognitive linguistics[1] and neuroscience that refers to the subjective experience, or sense, of time, which is measured by someone's own perception of the duration of the indefinite and unfolding of events. The perceived time interval between two successive events is referred to as perceived duration. Though directly experiencing or understanding another person's perception of time is not possible, such a perception can be objectively studied and inferred through a number of scientific experiments. Time perception is a construction of the sapient brain, but one that is manipulable and distortable under certain circumstances. These temporal illusions help to expose the underlying neural mechanisms of time perception.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_perception

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

time is not constent . value may be zero

• 1 year ago

Time is not a constant, as, time does not exist. Time is only relative to one's perception of it.

Time is not a Physical property.

Time cannot be slowed, sped up, reversed, bent, folded, stapled or mutilated, Even though I have done that on occasion,

Time is only the Duration of One Moment to the next as observed by a Sentient Being in a relative environment,

Time only exists, in a true form, when an intelligent being applies a relative measurement to the duration of a given moment.

The formula for time is,

Time = [Re + Rp] + [D x Rm]

[ Relative environment, + Relative perspective ] + [ Duration of a given moment multiplied by a Relative measurement ] = Time.

Time is only your Relative Perception of one moment to the next in your Relative Environment and has no bearing on any Physical Event, other than, the relative duration of the event moment.

If it appears too overlap, then that is only a 'glitch' in one's relative perception.

Added: to the TD; prove me wrong.

Added: I noticed that the category of this thread is Physics; however, I am answering out of the Philosophy section....curious!

Let me expand on Relative Perception. You notice that I use the term 'relative' in most of my references. this is because everything is subjective to relativity. Einstein used this reference in all his works; ie: Theory of Relativity. Key word "Relativity'

Your perception of time is relative to the 'thought activity' in your relative environment.

Your thought process can loose the perception of time; and, can perceive it as going to fast, or dragging on forever, ie: The longest time of the day, for an average office worker starts at 5 minutes to 5:00.

also, playing on Y Q/A, for what you think is about an hour, then looking up at the clock and seeing 3 AM.

Or, when you are in a hurry too be someplace, and you are actually watching the clock speed up, as you hit every red light. and those red lights seem longer than they should be.

You know that clock is going the same speed, but, your perception says otherwise.

Like you just started class last week, and mid-terms are tomorrow.

• 1 year ago

He don't.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Most of the time (i.e., in the past up to about 1900 A.D.), philosophy has agreed with physics: time is absolute: the Newtonian level of ascertaining and describing reality.

Since the advent of quantum mechanics (c.1900), time for physics has been proven a relativistic property.

Thus, your question ("if time is constant") could be modified by quantum physics.

Related: "The Physics of the Soul;"

"The Path of the Higher Self;"

"Light Is a Living Spirit;"

"A Fortunate Universe."

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Time is relative. If I am on a plane and you're on the ground, we will experience time differently. It is definitely not constant, and most likely can be manipulated.

• Nous
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Time is not constant but relevant!

Einstein explained it perfectly!

• Lv 5
      1 year agoReport

Einstein was a weak philosopher.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.