What type of spider is this?

I live in a lower apartment and have seen this type of spider quite a few times now in different sizes. I know it's a little blurry but hoping someone knows what type of spider this is... and the best way to keep them out.

They're almost always on the floor. My apartment is normally always clean (vacuume often to pick up any dead bugs), have traps and sticky pads, never open my windows and I spray for bugs all the time (dont lecture me on chemicals, thanks) but guess it's part of living in upstate NY, in a lower apartment that some bugs are bound to get in. Just hoping to put an end to whatever type of spider that is.

Any info helps. Thanks!

Attachment image

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Not much to work with here, hardly matters what species if you just kill them.

The long slender legs, probably a funnel weaver, house spider, grass spider etc.

Nothing of risk or concern.

Source(s): Been around spiders 60 years.
  • 1 year ago

You fail to mention where you are. In England, it would be a common house spider.

• Shark
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

call your wife or any other female to give an opinion ha ha

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Upstate New York? It's either a golden-kneed tarantula or a Sydney funnel-web spider. Both kinds got loose from pet stores back in the 1960's up there and now are found in the wild. Difference is in temperament. The tarantula is laid back and generally slow, like Lennie from Of Mice and Men. The funnel-web is aggressive and has no fear of anything. They have been known to attack wild horses and mountain lions.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

I would worry more about that big rat tail sticking out of the wall then I would about the spider... Its not poisonous but the big rat... they can kill you ...

• Ted K
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

That's a tear in the flooring.

• Anna E
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

I don't know where you live, but wolf spiders are common, especially in basements and are usually on the floor. They are scary looking and young ones are smaller but adults can be pretty good sized, harmless though and they will eat other bugs.

• 1 year ago

Take a sample in to an exterminist, they'll identify it for you.

• J C
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Not sure, but remember that most spiders are harmless, and actually good things. You can help with keeping them out by sealing up any little cracks, and keeping debris (like dead leaves and weeds) away from windows. Other than that you are doing what you can. And keep in mind that the occasional spider - while scary - is better than having the bugs that they eat in your house.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.