Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 1 year ago

What are those blankets called where the sheet cover is already sewn into the quilt, so you don't need to buy an actual cover?

I'm sick of quilt covers never fitting right and the quilt underneath bunching up and moving around. I used to have one where the cover was stitched into the blanket and you didn't need a cover and it was so much easier to roll around in! Does anyone know what they're called?

1 year ago

duvet.

• lkl
    1 year ago

Comforter or Duvet. Try going to thrift stores and looking as you find great one of a kind items that are very cost effective. Hence I've got a variety of bedding and nobody usually is allowed in our bedroom but when my friends are with me as I get ready to go out in my Master Suite they see my lovely comforters and high thread sheet counts bought brand new from thrift stores.

• 1 year ago

I think your referring to a water bed cover. Sheet and top cover sewed at bottom and they are very nice.

• 1 year ago

I believe you are referring to a COMFORTER. This is a one piece bed cover which is filled with fiberfil and then stitched through both top and bottom layers so the "stuffing" does not shift. The whole comforter can be washed as one unit as it is one.

Google: Overstock.com and use the keyword "comforter" where you will find many selections

• elhigh
    1 year ago

You just described a quilt - an actual quilt. The top and back sheets are stitched together through the batting, holding the batting in place. That's what quilting IS.

If you have been calling something that doesn't meet that description a "quilt," you have been using the word wrong.

1 year ago

Counterpane

• 1 year ago

It’s an added lining. https://express.google.com/u/0/product/18134134826... Is a quilted top with a fleece lined underside.

I’m assuming you mean an actual quilt, not a quilted comforter, blanket, or duvet.

Or perhaps you just mean a comforter. Or actual quilt.

• 1 year ago

Do you mean a comforter or eiderdown?

• Bye
    1 year ago

I usually hear it called a "comforter" when it doesn't need a cover, and a "duvet" (pronounced du-VAY) when it does.

• Rick B
    1 year ago

A comforter