What ruling should I get?

I've had seizures and epilepsy atleast one every 2 or 3 months for 10+ years and I was charged and arrested for assault and battery on a police officer when after having one in the street I was put on an ambulance and after waking up was trying to leave, there were officers on that held me down and in the middle of it I kicked one of them with my foot, I did nothing else to hit him I was still confused, angry and disoriented because of the seizure..i ve been picked up by emergency services 15 to 20 times since 2010 because of epilepsy, I wasnt trying to attack the officer and my record was totally clean before this...

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Well that is a utter lie Epilepsy and seizers do not work that way.

So when the police get a doctor to give evidence your LIE will be blown away and you will get a long sentence for your attempt at perverting Justice!

and rightly so!

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Source(s):

I am a retired police officer. I retired as a sergeant, after 29 years, from a very large department, about 12,000 officers. I was a patrol officer for 4 years in a very diverse area. I was a tactical officer in the high rise project areas of my city. We called it vertical patrol in that we walked the the stairways of the high rises most of the time. I did that for 5 years and was promoted by test to detective. I worked violent crime (homicide, sex, officer involved shootings, robbery, kidnapping, serious non property incidents) for 11 years until I was promoted to sergeant. I worked as a street supervisor, a bicycle patrol supervisor and a desk sergeant/watch commander.

During my time as a tactical officer and a detective I was a unit representative for the police union.

I have a B.A in English and an M.S. in Law Enforcement Administration....

• 1 year ago

I would imagine that if you can get a letter from your physician, explaining how seizures and their after affects, can impact behavior, you will be fine.

• 1 year ago

Are you asking if a jury will believe that you were unaware of what you were doing? I have no guesses. I can guaratee that a trial would include more than you couple sentences.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

BS. If you had EVER had an actual seizure, you would KNOW that your story is not possible.

• Anon
      Lv 5
      1 year agoReport

This person fakes seizures to get out of paying dinner/ bar tabs, now he tries to kick a cop with Impuinity.,Cops Know real siezures, diabetic comas, how to respond to them.

• 1 year ago

Lawyer up. You need a legal defense guy to get the evidence from your doctors and give it to the judge.

• don r
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

You're blameless for your seizure.

• 1 year ago

the police department is over reacting. the ADA should dismiss the charges.

• 1 year ago

I mean the cops are tough to argue with

• M.
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generalized_tonic–clonic_seizure

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

you should ask your doctor to intervene on your behalf at the hearing. you should be on meds. if you were and weren't taking them, the judge could throw the book at you. you are responsible for your condition.

• Anon
      Lv 5
      1 year agoReport

No. Only If court ordered to Stay On. REF: Been THRU it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.