Is disconnected service drop electrical lines coming from a utility pole near the street to my house safe to work around?

I am referring to the service drop electrical lines that come from the utility pole next to the street going to my house lines. One of the power company workers said it was live but not connected. Does this mean I can work near and around it to fix a hole in the siding? Can it arc flash or electrocute me if I touch... show more I am referring to the service drop electrical lines that come from the utility pole next to the street going to my house lines. One of the power company workers said it was live but not connected. Does this mean I can work near and around it to fix a hole in the siding? Can it arc flash or electrocute me if I touch the wires or anything like that?
Update: Note: the disconnected service drop lines are individually wrapped up in electrical tape waiting to be reconnected. All this is because of a tree accident. I have to get my conduit fixed before they will connect it and run power again.