More questions about allergies and the power of nasty allergies?

My 14 year old complained of not being able to hear very well out of his left ear this last spring. We took him to get a hearing test and his ear drum wasn't moving like it was supposed to. My son is allergic to everything. lol. Hess allergic to mold cats dogs dust... um...…. the dr. said because lee has so... show more My 14 year old complained of not being able to hear very well out of his left ear this last spring. We took him to get a hearing test and his ear drum wasn't moving like it was supposed to. My son is allergic to everything. lol. Hess allergic to mold cats dogs dust... um...…. the dr. said because lee has so much drainage in that ear because of allergies it was interfering with the function of his ear drum. We put a tube in the ear to help alleviate the drainage. We took him back to the dr. after the procedure for a follow up. Lee also complained that his hearing isn't much better. The dr. said its possible that lees allergies have been so constant that it could damage his ear drum. The dr believes lee has permanent mild hearing loss.:( Can allergies do this? do I need to have lee in an allergy free environment? would allergy shots help alleviate some of the drainage in his head? Is it ridiculous to believe that allergies can cause hearing loss?