Fortnite addiction? Is it just really fun?

My son is always playing fortnite. I have to unplug the x box for him to even eat his dinner.

Is he addicted?

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Fortnite is the most popular game out right now, so kids/adults are grinding that game like crazy because the game is really good at giving players the sense of achievement even when they don't win. There are bright colors, cartoons, dance emotes, challenges, events, all the dopamine traps are there. In general, kids/adults can be addicted to any game. A ton of people played Minecraft when it was released. What makes fornite so different is that it's free, and the whole battle royale concept is wildly popular. Fornite developers executed the game very well, but in my opinion I don't find it to be that interesting.

Fortnite is dangerous. My son will give up everything to play. School, sports, food

• 1 year ago

I am a teen myself I spend most days on the Xbox constantly playing fornite. It is just like what we enjoy doing I make sure I come of for 30mins every couple of hours but your son can’t help but staying on as it’s really addicting

• 1 year ago

Games like this are designed to attract players. I am no expert but my opinion is to make sure they have their obligaations done before playing and use the game to teach them responsibility with games and addiction

• 1 year ago

fortnites appeal comes from its popularity. Its a great game thats easy to play with friends. Your son is probably just socializing. in addition to this, The game is online (You play with other people from around the world in real time) so it cannot be paused or turned off mid-game without affecting everyone else in the game. To combat this, try giving him warnings 15 and 5 minutes before dinner to finish his current game.

• Kyle
    1 year ago

possibly. there have been reports of children who have deliberately wet themselves so they are not interrupted when playing fortnite. if it comes to that, if he behaves angrily when he's not playing it, if his grades start slipping from it, he's probably addicted.

• is he?....i would say if he has a bunch of other games and is only playing Fn ..then yeah ..

• Jim1 year agoReport

Susie bought him Skyrim and before Fortnite, he played fifa a lot, but no its only fortnite