If my parents said yes to a dog, then they would want me to trade my pigs for the dog. What should I do?

I have 2 female guinea pigs, they have been making a lot of mess for me to clean up...and I am the only one taking care of my pigs, my parents won t help either. One time, my mom asked what if we traded the guinea pigs for a dog. Then, I didn t want that. But, recently I took it into consideration. It sounds bad,... show more I have 2 female guinea pigs, they have been making a lot of mess for me to clean up...and I am the only one taking care of my pigs, my parents won t help either.
One time, my mom asked what if we traded the guinea pigs for a dog. Then, I didn t want that.
But, recently I took it into consideration.
It sounds bad, but I wouldn t be just trading them in just for a dog. They are very messy and harder for me to take care of.

I got them last Christmas and begged for them....
So I am a little lost and just need an opinion, I ve wanted a dog for forever and I really don t want to miss my chance.
Update: My parents mainly want to trade the guinea pigs for a dog. The excitement of even having a pet is still there. But, I take care of them by myself which makes the job harder on me. If anyone has owned guinea pigs I need tips on how to control where they pee a bit better. But, I have always wanted a dog, so hands... show more My parents mainly want to trade the guinea pigs for a dog. The excitement of even having a pet is still there. But, I take care of them by myself which makes the job harder on me. If anyone has owned guinea pigs I need tips on how to control where they pee a bit better. But, I have always wanted a dog, so hands tied; I don't know what to do. And getting a dog has been my childhood want. Trading my pets aren't in my best want but a dog is my parents preference. So I am stuck.
Update 2: "faithfully promised you'd clean up after then and take care of them, etc. I suspect that once the novelty of the dog wears off, you'll be whining about it too." XD The only thing I whine about around here is that I wish I could have more support from my siblings. I still love my pigs, give them... show more "faithfully promised you'd clean up after then and take care of them, etc. I suspect that once the novelty of the dog wears off, you'll be whining about it too."

XD The only thing I whine about around here is that I wish I could have more support from my siblings.
I still love my pigs, give them the care they need and all. I have even tried spending more time than ever with them. Animals interest me, no matter the amount of poo they process.
Update 3: "Since you are too lazy to take care of a pair of rodents, then you are too lazy to take care of a dog." Lazy really isn't the correct word. I am definitely not lazy with my piggies, and if you think a guinea pigs aren't a lot of work then your mistaken. Dogs are a lot of work. Equally, so are... show more "Since you are too lazy to take care of a pair of rodents, then you are too lazy to take care of a dog."

Lazy really isn't the correct word. I am definitely not lazy with my piggies, and if you think a guinea pigs aren't a lot of work then your mistaken. Dogs are a lot of work. Equally, so are guinea pigs. You made it sound like a little work, they are surprisingly hard animals to take care of.