Kyle
Kyle asked in SportsBaseball · 1 year ago

Where will Bryce Harper play, and what size contract will he get?

I know the Cubs are the favorites, but there are a lot of landing spots for him, including staying with the Nats if he has a change of heart. but, with their lack of success this season, I'm sure he wants to go to a place where he can win.

While he didn't have an MVP caliber season, he still had a solid year, with a month left, and most important, was healthy all year. his avg is down, .247. but has 30 homeruns and over 80 rbis. he still has a .279 career hitting avg, and is capable of hitting high .280-90 if not .300s.

if the Yankees get rid of Ellsbury, i think he'll end up there. The Cubs OF is crowded, with Schwarber, Almora, Heyward, splitting time with KB, Happ, Zobrist. Unless they were to trade one for pitching to make room for Harper, i don't know if he'll fit.

he'll most likely get his ten year deal. i would say at least 7. with at least $225 million.

• Bob
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

I think he will end up with the Yankees,Cubs or Dodgers and his contract will be 6 or 7 years, making between $180 & 220 Million.

1 year ago

I say either Detroit, or Cleveland.

• Gregg
    1 year ago

I've read that he is staying in Washington.

• 1 year ago

It won't be the Yankees. Even forgetting ellsbury they have judge, hicks and Stanton. Plus Frazier they want to play.

• 1 year ago

The Spankees added Stanton and his ridiculous contract last winter, so they can't afford him.

The Cubs are saddled with Heyward and the horrible contract that Epstein gave Darvish, so they'd have to move some overpaid underachievers in order to bring in Harper.

The Dodgers love to waste money and as shallow as Harper is, he'd fit in well in Los Angeles.

I think he'll wind up in LA, making around $30M a year.