what do I NEED TO KNOW FROM A PIANO IF I NEED TO SELL IT/???

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

As long as it works you're alright

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 years ago

I have multiple degrees in music, and made my entire career - every single dollar ( and there is a pile of them in 7 figures at my brokerage) since 1973, in music. If you have the usual old home piano, then basically what you need to know is the price of firewood and scrap metal near you. Many charities will not even take these anymore. Most people will get a decent digital instrument for their home. Having it hauled to the dump (or recycling - if they even accept it) will cost you. So run a Craigslist ad, call a couple of piano technicians - and do not be upset at the lukewarm responses you get.

• ...Show all comments
    • Mamianka
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

You cannot give away most old pianos. People think they have a TREASURE - and they own firewood.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

The age of the piano

The manufacturer of it

The condition of the piano

• Retief
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Brand

Date of manufacture

Location of manufacture

Last date it was tuned

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

usually they aren't worth selling. the cost of moving them and have them tuned is more than they are worth. the only exceptions are baby grands, grands, interesting and noteworthy antiques, and only rarely a high end up right. so if you are looking to sell an upright, you can probably just forget about value and craigslist as "free if you haul it."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.