Why does the bank charge interest for loans when I “lend” them my money ALL THE TIME FOR FREE?

Just a cynical person here wondering why my husband and I cannot afford a home with us both working and a low income USDA loan for one of the cheapest homes in San Diego that’s not a trailer park. ($260,000). Oh that’s right, because of interest! WHY MUST THERE BE SO MUCH INTEREST?? I put my money in the bank for... show more Just a cynical person here wondering why my husband and I cannot afford a home with us both working and a low income USDA loan for one of the cheapest homes in San Diego that’s not a trailer park. ($260,000). Oh that’s right, because of interest! WHY MUST THERE BE SO MUCH INTEREST?? I put my money in the bank for them to do whatever they want with and charge them nothing all the time. Thank you.