Stess causing hair thinning?

I have been battling non-stop depression since 2013, and i have been wearing hats regularly since 2015. I would say 80 percent of the time when i'm awake i'm wearing a hat. I am 20 now. 16 when i started thinning. I also have no family history of Male Patterned Baldness on either side. Could the... show more I have been battling non-stop depression since 2013, and i have been wearing hats regularly since 2015. I would say 80 percent of the time when i'm awake i'm wearing a hat. I am 20 now. 16 when i started thinning.

I also have no family history of Male Patterned Baldness on either side. Could the conbination of stress and some form of traction alopecia be the cause of my receding hairline and thinning?

I don't know if it comes out in clumps. But one night, my depression got so bad, that my auntie asked the next morning if someone had cut their hair on the dining table. Which was wear i was sitting the night before. Idk tho. If it does come out in clumps, its not so bad that i usually notice it.