If I enroll, might pet insurance cover this?

My dog currently has an infection underneath her jaw area and we have already been through one surgery, tests and medications to treat it. We paid out of pocket with no insurance to pay for all of this but it seems that the infection has returned and there is a possibility that she will need to have surgery again... show more My dog currently has an infection underneath her jaw area and we have already been through one surgery, tests and medications to treat it. We paid out of pocket with no insurance to pay for all of this but it seems that the infection has returned and there is a possibility that she will need to have surgery again but with a specialty surgeon.

I understand that this probably is considered a pre-existing condition since her first surgery (mass removal surgery) and infection was only a couple of months ago and the doctor thinks that the infection has come back after several courtesy check ups with my dog. We ordered an in-house culture test to find out if the infection has come back or not and waiting for the results to come back. If she does need surgery again, she might undergo the same first surgery but more in-depth and aggressive mass removal surgery to remove any tissue that has been infected.

Right now, I know that specialty care will be much more expensive than what we had already paid for the first time around, is there a possibility that if we enroll in pet insurance, that if my dog needs specialty surgery, it will be covered for any percentage? It is a curable illness and not an injury/accident or life-threatening disease of sorts. I've researched a bit and see the pet insurance has a certain waiting period, until the pet is covered. So I'm hoping that maybe pet insurance might consider covering it.