Anybody else who’s been in years of therapy/taking psych drugs only to be damaged/not helped by either concluded that this profession is?

illegitimate at best and does more harm than good at worst, to suffering people who try to get help....sometimes due to significant/irreversible damage from dangerous neuroleptic/brain and body-damaging psychiatric drugs for example? Has anybody else out there read any of psychiatrist Peter Breggin’s writings... show more illegitimate at best and does more harm than good at worst, to suffering people who try to get help....sometimes due to significant/irreversible damage from dangerous neuroleptic/brain and body-damaging psychiatric drugs for example? Has anybody else out there read any of psychiatrist Peter Breggin’s writings severely criticizing this industry from his perspective as a psychiatrist who doesn’t subscribe to its methods? This is my current state of disillusionment, not to mention serious damage, from my exposure to this industry after about five decades of dealing with this “profession” (In which apparently from what I’ve read there’s a high suicide rate among its practitioners)......I was just wondering if anybody else out there who has been subjected to it (Anybody who hasn’t doesn’t need to answer) feels this way, that you’ve been conned by this whole industry (Which apparently is all that it really is, not a “healing art”)...which seems to be ruled by Big Pharma for profit, and that your life has perhaps been more damaged by it then not going to see any of these practitioners at all? Anybody? I find it hard to believe that I’m the only one who has come to this conclusion.