What can I use as a temporary door in an open door frame? (rental property). Creative ideas needed.?

I am renting a home with a few friends, and one of the bedrooms was converted into an open living space at one point. The door / door frame were removed and completely redone. (Excuse my lack of technical terms) but the hinges were removed, and filled in, sanded over, repainted. Although we have tried to get them... show more I am renting a home with a few friends, and one of the bedrooms was converted into an open living space at one point. The door / door frame were removed and completely redone. (Excuse my lack of technical terms) but the hinges were removed, and filled in, sanded over, repainted. Although we have tried to get them to change their mind (a separate issue) The owner does not want us to install a permanent door, but rather come up with a more temporary solution. She suggested a curtain and tension rod, but that does not provide very much privacy. Does anyone have any other not very invasive ideas of what we could use in the door frame for a door? Thank you!