Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 year ago

Is it true that people will physically assault you in Boston if you walk around wearing a NY Yankees cap or is that an exaggeration?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

Exaggeration..

• 1 year ago

Attachment image
  • 1 year ago

I grew up in the Boston area. Married a NY guy who is a big Yankees fan. We returned to Boston University to get our Masters degrees. We also go every so often to visit family, and/or just a vacation, since Boston is such a great place. We NEVER bring or wear any Yankees gear, even though at home we own and sport a ton of it. We not only root FOR the Yankees - we watch stats, and root AGAINST the Sox. (the priest in my old MA church would say, at the end of Mass - "Hail Mary, full of grace . . . . keep the Red Sox in first place" - or if they were having a bad year " . . keep the Yankees out of first place!" All the Yankees/Sox stuff STAYS HOME in NY. But it could be worse. Our son lives near Philadelphia, and is a Giants fan - and going to a football game in Philly is seriously dangerous for MOST other fans! So he doe snot wear any gear. His wife is a huge Flyers fan (wearing all her stuff!), and they go - and there is no problem with anyone being rude there, ever. Even if he wears a Rangers jackets - his WIFE is screaming so loud, that people figure that covers them BOTH for rooting.

• tonysh
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

Total exaggeration

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Possibly not unless if your an pure sports a@@ in the city

• 1 year ago

It's highly unlikely. Unless you're yelling Boston sucks while wearing the hat. Then all bets are off. Mind your business and they will mind theirs.

• Alice
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

You'll probably just be called a fàggot (and deservingly so).

• Bob
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

It very seldom happens.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

If they're drunk enough...but they would hear a lot of interesting words I'm sure.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.