Can the majority ever be morally wrong?

I would imagine modern atheists would ultimately have to conclude their own moral opinions incorrect by default if they went against the majority. What other authority would there be to determine all these things? I'm also wondering how we can condemn things in the past that had majority support, that future... show more I would imagine modern atheists would ultimately have to conclude their own moral opinions incorrect by default if they went against the majority. What other authority would there be to determine all these things?

I'm also wondering how we can condemn things in the past that had majority support, that future people won't condemn us for in the same ways.
Update: Maybe future generations will condemn alcohol. Maybe they will condemn putting bikini women on the cover of magazines. Maybe violent movies depicting brutality. What's the point of some horror movies anyway?