What's the best way to clean yourself after picking up a rotting corpse? BEFORE YOU JUDGE I'M WRITING.?

I'm currently writing about a person who's family had been murdered, then he had been taken prisoner and wasn't able to bury them. After he had been saved, he and a couple of his friends had gone back to bury the bodies. They didn't have coffins, so they just picked the bodies up, then buried them.... show more I'm currently writing about a person who's family had been murdered, then he had been taken prisoner and wasn't able to bury them. After he had been saved, he and a couple of his friends had gone back to bury the bodies. They didn't have coffins, so they just picked the bodies up, then buried them. When they went home, they realized they smelled like death (lol), and I'm confused about how they get clean.
Update: PROPERLY get clean. I didn't think a shower would do much considering the bacteria.
Update 2: I've already gotten the information I need. Also, thanks for pointing out problems with certain things so I can write it better.
12 answers 12