How to stop credit card from being charged?
Moviepass won't allow me to cancel so I was wondering if there is a way to stop the app from charging me. Should I cancel the credit card it is under and get a different credit card number?
I do not have a year agreement. They claim I can canel at anytime. Now app has gliche and won't let me cancel but I don't want to charged for another month because app also wont let me see movies because it is not working properly. I am wondering if I should get a new credit card number so the glitche app wont force me to pay for another month.
- David 14Lv 71 year ago
That would work.
- Uncle PennybagsLv 71 year ago
I suggest 2 things:
1. Call Moviepass customer service. Demand they cancel your service and not charge the card any longer. Likewise, if the app doesn't work, try canceling on their website.
2. If none of that works, call your credit card and report that you lost it. They will shut down that credit card number and send you out a new card with a new number. All your existing debt will transfer over to the new card. Then when Moviepass goes to charge next month, WHAM! the account has been closed and they are out of luck.
If you do number 2, make sure to update any other monthly memberships with the new credit card account info.
- noLv 61 year ago
You'd have to close your account and get a new card.
- StephenWeinsteinLv 71 year ago
You should not cancel the card. If you cancel the card, then you will still have to pay the money.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- NALv 71 year ago
Why won't Moviepass let you cancel? If you have a 1-year agreement with months remaining, then you are stuck. Cancelling the card just means it goes to collections where it does worse damage.