Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 year ago

What is the worst atrocity associated with the Christian faith?

• sarah
    1 year ago

to many to mention, from preaching young men into it's numerous wars. Torture of Indians to convert them and then telling widows to preach their husbands out of hell they had to give the church all their money. They were wicked and did a lot of horrible things to others in the name of religion. From slavery to torture of others.

• 1 year ago

That would be the failure of the Christian church to fully evangelize and convert the whole world. Thus allow sin to run rampage and cause all kids of atrocities.

Look at what happened when the Christian faith was removed from the USSR. 17 million killed in the first few years under Lenin and Stalin. 23 million more under the later governments. All because Christians failed to reach Lenin, Stalin and others with the message of God's love.

The same with countries like Red China, Cuba. North Korea, etc. Had the Christians done there duty of reaching Mao. Castro. etc., those atrocities could have been avoided.

Interesting to note that most historians point to the conquest of Jerusalem in 1095 by the Crusaders as the worst decade of atrocities by Christians. The usually count is around 900,000 killed during that campaign (on all sides.) Yet that barely hold candle to the 17 million killed in less then a decade by atheism in the USSR, or unknown millions in China during the Moa Revolution there.

History argues against your premise.

• 1 year agoReport

IT'S "PAY BACK" FOR THE VICEGERENT WHO ESTABLISHED THIS BULL SH$T HE CALLS "CHRISTIANITY!" GOD SAID "...I WILL ABASE THEM" (DANIEL 4:37)!

• 1 year ago

Throughout history it has been the Catholic Church with its dominating Popes.The Catholic Church has called itself Christian, yet it does not follow the Holy Bible which is God's instruction book. Consider this, the Pope has millions of followers, but Christ Jesus had twelve and one seriously betrayed Him.

• 1 year agoReport

• 1 year ago

Telling innocent children they were born soiled and that an all powerful being might send them to burn forever in hell if they don't love it. That's rotten to the core and all atrocities descend from there.

1 year ago

Catholics not Christians.

August 14,2018.

“Bishops and other leaders of the Roman Catholic Church in Pennsylvania covered up child sexual abuse by more than 300 priests over a period of 70 years, persuading victims not to report the abuse and police officers not to investigate it, according to a report issued by a grand jury on Tuesday....”

“The report, which covered six of the state’s eight Catholic dioceses and found more than 1,000 identifiable victims, is the broadest examination yet by a government agency in the United States of child sexual abuse in the Catholic Church. There have been ten previous reports by grand juries and attorneys general in the United States...”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/...

• 1 year agoReport

• 1 year ago

The burning of Christians by the 1,000's by the most cruel church.

• 1 year agoReport

• 1 year ago

The worst atrocity associated with the Christian faith is the tremendous persecution suffered by my brothers and sisters in the hands of cruel intolerant people.

Our Lord and Head of the Congregation was falsely arrested, beaten and killed. His apostles and disciples taught and healed sicknesses freely, and they were also beaten and imprisoned, and the fearless Stephen was stoned to death for telling the truth.

Then began the persecution, which continued from that day to this. Jesus said that it would:

"In fact, the hour is coming when everyone who kills you will think he has offered a sacred service to God." John 16:2

In another place, Jesus said why:

“These things I command you, that you love one another. 18 If the world hates you, you know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19 If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, for this reason the world hates you. 20 Keep in mind the word I said to you: A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have observed my word, they will also observe yours. John 15:17-20

• 1 year agoReport

• 1 year ago

they believe in faith

• 1 year agoReport

• 1 year ago

The scary thing is, I don't think we'll ever really know what the "one - most atrocious" thing the church has ever done because any record of it is probably buried deep in some archive somewhere that the general pubic does not have access to.

• 1 year agoReport

• 1 year ago

I'm not keen on their (Christians) haircuts.

• 1 year agoReport