Do you think this is the appropriate way to cancel a hangout, What is going on here?

I met someone in class last year and we immediately clicked and swapped numbers. He mentioned he had a GF of 3 YEARS about a week later so I began avoiding him, we avoided each other. One day he approaches me,” Hey, you haven’t been responding to my texts?”. I let him know that I never received any texts and he... show more I met someone in class last year and we immediately clicked and swapped numbers. He mentioned he had a GF of 3 YEARS about a week later so I began avoiding him, we avoided each other. One day he approaches me,” Hey, you haven’t been responding to my texts?”. I let him know that I never received any texts and he noticed he missed a digit ... blah blah blah.,. We start hanging out on campus. Eventually the class was over and a couple months later he sends me a short story he wrote after I asked what he had been up to. I asked him about his inspiration and he said from a book that he’ll let me borrow if we hang out sometime. Of course I agree, it’s been a while since I’ve seen him. We make plans to meet up and first I cancelled because of Summer classes. Then we had to wait 2 weeks because it was his birthday and he was busy.. the DAY OF our hangout, 2 hours before it, he texts me: “Hey sorry I can’t come out tonight, I’ve been busy and I’m tired tonight”, I ask if he wants to reschedule, he then confessed that his girlfriend thought it was weird she and felt that he shouldn’t be hanging out with “other women”. He said he had no friends that were women!! He did apologize after I expressed my embarrassment. What is going on here?
1 answer 1