How to Find Housing in France (Menton)?

I'm going on university exchange to Menton, France in January. Gonna be there until mid-July. I have been trying so hard to find a place to live that isn't the dorms (because they filled up too quick). I have tried writing messages to French reality companies in French and English trying to explain my... show more I'm going on university exchange to Menton, France in January. Gonna be there until mid-July.

I have been trying so hard to find a place to live that isn't the dorms (because they filled up too quick). I have tried writing messages to French reality companies in French and English trying to explain my needs (oven, 4-burner stove, more than 20^2 meters, preferably bathtub), but almost no one replies to me. The ones that do reply to me, send me a reply akin to "find a place yourself". My budget is 550 Euros.

I understand that it is difficult to find a place to live when you aren't physically in that place, but that's kinda what I have to do.

Has anyone looked for a place to live in Menton or France before? Do you have any tips? Any sites to use? Any alternative methods? Any reasons I'm having trouble? Literally any tips or anecdotal experience will be so much appreciated!
1 answer 1