How do I stop being paranoid over my baby?

have a 4 month old baby and ever since I got pregnant my anxiety has heightened. During pregnancy I feared miscarriage to the point where I was rushing to the bathroom all the time checking to see if there was no blood and it cost me my job. It started because a friend of mine lost her baby 10 months ago to a... show more have a 4 month old baby and ever since I got pregnant my anxiety has heightened. During pregnancy I feared miscarriage to the point where I was rushing to the bathroom all the time checking to see if there was no blood and it cost me my job. It started because a friend of mine lost her baby 10 months ago to a failed operation on his heart and a girl I took aerobics with lost her niece to SIDs. I'm constantly checking on him at night to make sure he's still breathing and I only let him sleep in his crib half the night until I bring him to my bed and let him sleep on me. It's gotten to the point where I check on him while he's awake, if I leave him in his bouncy seat in the living room for a few seconds I go and check because I fear I'll find him flopped over dead. I nearly took him to the ER because he kept sucking in his lip and the advice nurse assured me that it was just him trying something new and there was nothing to worry about unless he starts doing involuntary movements and is unconscious. I'm starting to worry about my own sanity at this point.,
2 answers 2