Why is dating easy for women, but hard for men?

Please read it! I mean sometimes women don't have to do anything but wake up and they get asked how by a bunch of girls and they have so many choices. But for men it seems like we have to put in so much effort and sometimes that effort leads to nothing or disappointment . Im assuming because men have to take... show more Please read it! I mean sometimes women don't have to do anything but wake up and they get asked how by a bunch of girls and they have so many choices. But for men it seems like we have to put in so much effort and sometimes that effort leads to nothing or disappointment . Im assuming because men have to take the first step and pretty much do everything else, that's probably why it's so difficult and I kinda hate it.

Like this girl I like, she liked me too and we were talking and I was just about to ask her out and come to find out another day asked her out the day before and I feel sick because I was really into her and I was only talking to her because I thought it was right but apparently she was talking to another guy and it feels bad for me they are dating now happy ever after and I'm just sitting here feeling dumb. What should I do?