If you work in auto claims and accidentally tell someone to leave the scene of an accident, will you face consequences?

I have a buddy who works for an insurance company who does auto claims who just started so its still really new to him; a person called in wanting to file a claim stating he was involved in an auto accident he caused where there might have been people injured. He asked my friend if it was ok if he left the scene so... show more I have a buddy who works for an insurance company who does auto claims who just started so its still really new to him; a person called in wanting to file a claim stating he was involved in an auto accident he caused where there might have been people injured. He asked my friend if it was ok if he left the scene so my friend said "um yeah I don't see why not", so the person left the scene. Later on in the call my buddy realized "oh wait, that would technically be considered a hit and run, oops", so he told the person involved he should go back to the scene to give his info. The guy said ok and went back; when he went back he said the police were already there, he told my friend hes gonna go make sure everything is good and that's when the call ended.
What sort of consequences will my buddy face if the call gets brought up? I heard if you leave the scene but come back its still technically a hit and run and you face consequences; will my friend be good since he told the person to go back? Or will he face any sort of scrutiny from the law for telling him to commit a hit and run in the first place even though it was on accident?
Lets say the guy ends up going to court and tries to blame it on my friend for telling him it was ok to leave the scene and then the court decides to listen to the call; will my buddy get in any trouble or would the insurance company be at fault? Or would he or the insurance company not get in trouble since he told the person to go back to the scene?