Can I sue restaurant for putting meat in my child's meal and then having allergic reaction ?

I went out to eat with my family and had let the staff know my son could not eat any meat because he could literally DIE. and if they could cook his meal on a clean stove because he was vegan. They assured us that they would and it would be no problem. He got a quesadilla and it wasn't until 2-4 minutes into... show more I went out to eat with my family and had let the staff know my son could not eat any meat because he could literally DIE. and if they could cook his meal on a clean stove because he was vegan. They assured us that they would and it would be no problem. He got a quesadilla and it wasn't until 2-4 minutes into eating are food he was not feeling good. My son is dangerously allergic to meat and had a reaction. We checked his food and noticed chunks and had told the staff. He had a pen with him and had to spend two days in the hospital. Our hospital bills were a bit expensive. Not sure if we should sue the business to make them pay for the hospital bill. We don't eat meat in our household either because of his allergy. I would like them to get proper training as well. Will I be able to go in person and ask that they pay the bill or will I have to get a lawyer? My son is very embarrassed but we are just glad he is okay. Waiter apologized about he incident but we did not have time to wait for the manager to come out.