Teachers claim my 10-year-old nephew is a maths genius because he proved the pythagreon therom by himself. Is this really true?

My sister said my nephew's teachers claim he could be one of the most mathematically precocious children in the country. He learned quadratic equations at 7 and now at 10 proved the pythagreon therom. I personally think they are pulling my sister's leg, but I wanted to hear what other people think since I... show more My sister said my nephew's teachers claim he could be one of the most mathematically precocious children in the country. He learned quadratic equations at 7 and now at 10 proved the pythagreon therom. I personally think they are pulling my sister's leg, but I wanted to hear what other people think since I don't really know much about math in the first place.