Do you lease/finance/or buyout the car?

my dad said that I should lease my 2019 Civic when I get it, he said he will help with the downpayment. Is leasing good? I do love the idea of owning a car but apparently you don't own it until you paid it in full and the bank owns it I want to drive a new car every few years. My sales agent told me that he... show more my dad said that I should lease my 2019 Civic when I get it, he said he will help with the downpayment.

Is leasing good? I do love the idea of owning a car but apparently you don't own it until you paid it in full and the bank owns it

I want to drive a new car every few years. My sales agent told me that he had this one customer for 10 years buying a car then trading it in 2 years later, for a newer model of it, and he was losing so much money because if he wants a newer one he could have just leased it.

the guy told the sales agent "I want to feel like I own the car", but does it make sense to own the car when you are losing so much money?