Did I get Fooled? (Purchasing a car on offerUp) HELP?

Found a car on offerup to buy for myself. He wanted $2500 we negotiated to $2000 even, we met up in a parking lot test drove the car and everything was fine. Paid for the car today and he drove the car back to my house because I had no one to drive it back for me. The car has Pennsylvania tags, but a New Jersey... show more Found a car on offerup to buy for myself. He wanted $2500 we negotiated to $2000 even, we met up in a parking lot test drove the car and everything was fine. Paid for the car today and he drove the car back to my house because I had no one to drive it back for me. The car has Pennsylvania tags, but a New Jersey drivers license & Car title. The title states it was issued in July. So it had to be duplicated? I went to park the car after everything was done and it started to rattle and it was not shifting. (He stated it was in mint condition) I try calling him back and it goes straight to voice mail. Can this be a stolen car? And if so what are my options now? I am afraid to contact the police because most likely they will arrest me because the car is in my possession please someone help
10 answers 10