What garage door opener will lift a heavy door? I have side hinge door 8 ft wide. I want to add electric door opener.?

• XTX

CALL several garage door opener installers and get them to visit your home and quote you the cost of opener & installation ==== Sears, Overhead Door, Genie, and Hollywood Door all are good names and can fix your door so it opens with the magic button that can be clipped to your car visor or hidden in the center console ===== I had a house that had three [3] garage doors and all that worked fine with a single control with a channel for each door ..... You'll be happy when it is raining and you stay dry ............

doors like that 'usually' run on a part circle track that serves to support the side of the door that opens. look for the sort of hydraulic or electric operated opener designed for fence gates

If I were you I would be talking with a couple of companies that install garage door openers. I am sure they can provide you with a good system or has all ready been suggested, a different door.

I don't believe for a second you have an 8 ft wide SWINGING door.

That would be costly to do. I am figuring hydraulic cylinders to open the doors. I think, realistically, you ought to be thinking of getting a lite weight overhead door system and say good-bye to the hinged doors.