Should I buy my first car in military now or wait till after my service.?

I wanna buy a car but I’ve never had insurance so I’m expecting this cost a lot since I’m a male and I’m 20, I wanted to save my money and get out with a large amount in my savings but I was told if I just buy a car now and over time my insurance will go down over time so it’ll be afordable in the next year and... show more I wanna buy a car but I’ve never had insurance so I’m expecting this cost a lot since I’m a male and I’m 20, I wanted to save my money and get out with a large amount in my savings but I was told if I just buy a car now and over time my insurance will go down over time so it’ll be afordable in the next year and half as long as I’m a smart driver. I’m really new to the car buying world so if my question seems dumb just ask me to clarify more. I have exact amount for a used car so theirs no need for auto loan but I just wanna know if it’ll be smarter for me to just wait now and build more money in my savings while I serve or just get a car now and pay insurance every month on a car I probably hardly ever use?