Why does my dad run around doing things for my mom (his EX wife)? Its pathetic?

He ended it with her. But 10 years later he's still fixing her car, doing yard work, arranging roof work for her, even went to the neighbor's house once to fight with a guy after he got in my moms face. He had a physical fight with a neighbor for his ex wife. I dont get it. Im ashamed hes my dad... show more He ended it with her. But 10 years later he's still fixing her car, doing yard work, arranging roof work for her, even went to the neighbor's house once to fight with a guy after he got in my moms face. He had a physical fight with a neighbor for his ex wife.

I dont get it. Im ashamed hes my dad sometimes. I mean I appreciate that everything hes done for my mom has also been for my benefit, but I just dont understand. He goes far beyond what an ex husband should be doing.

My mom will sometimes get mad if he wont come fix something quickly enough. As if shes entitled to his help. It annoys me. Why did he leave her then? Hes trapped anyway. He may as well have stayed and got sex. Hes been single a decade. Possibly a gay. God knows
all she does is talk crap about him and to his face too often
16 answers 16