Is it worth to keep a 20 year old car?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

Depends. If it's in good shape yes.

• 1 year ago

I have several cars over 40 years old, of course they are worth keeping

• 1 year ago

The answer is simple. If, throughout it's life, it's been maintained properly, it's worth keeping. If it's been completely neglected, and the steering, suspension, and drive train are worn out, it's ready to be retired.

• 1 year ago

Hi in most cases no send it the scrap yard. to make new beer cans.

• PickleRix
      Lv 5
      1 year agoReport

I keep wondering if you are really a yahoo bot playing tricks on us since you know almost nothing about cars.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Yes,if you like it.if you keep it running well.Why not? My van is 18 years old no plans to sell or trade it.

• don r
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

I've done that a few times and it was worth it for me.

• Marla
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

If it is running well yes. The problem with old cars tends to be finding parts, when a 20 year old car breaks down, or after an accident, it may be difficult to find a part and you may end with the car in the shop for a while. That is usually the only problem.

• 1 year ago

Probably not unless they don’t make them anymore then you might want to keep around in case it becomes a classic.

I wouldn’t keep a 20 year old Dodge neon but I would keep a 20 year old Ford Mustang.

• Dze
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

if youve had it that long its paid off and you know whats up with it .. if its in good shape i'd keep it ..

• 1 year ago

If it runs well then why not?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.