Can a family (great grand father to current) or people be cursed?

Bad luck seems to follow the men in my father s side of the family. Dad and uncle and cousin get cheated on or strung along in every relationship give or take. Uncle died. Grand father was in a car accident then cousin gets into an accident mangled his hand the next day. Grt grand father has kids dying before him. My pap loses my man extremely unexpectedly and before then her car would always break down. We have crazy money problems. I havent noticed anything with me (female) or my sister we all have the same last name except my grt grandpa who was my dads moms dad

Can't say it's not possible, but a more likely explanation is family history and philosophy being handed down from generation to generation. Catalog the family aphorisms and see if they correlate to the bad stuff in your family's life. It's also good to separate coincidence from causation.

• .....

If children follow the same bad choices as the bad luck parents then yes they will have the same results.

Choose your future. Change your thinking and change your good works and good intentions and good and pure thoughts, then good will come to you.

Pray and work. God is always helping.

• Raja

There is possibility. The deadly sins of your ancestors might have been the cause. They might have sinned against orthodox, virtuous and pious good people. You must study the ancient history of your ancestors and find the ways for a redemption. Just a prayer is not enough. You may need to spend some money and do so some other good for the people who were affected by your ancestors.

• ?

No, curses don't last generations.

But it is not uncommon for families with problems to pass the problems down generation after generation.

For example, your family has money troubles. What kind of choices do they make? Do they work to get ahead/get better jobs, or settle for low-income jobs with little to no mobility? Do they mishandle money-- opting for instant gratification when they get a bit, instead of working toward long-term security? Do they waste money on unnecessary things?

People also learn their relationship skills from their parents.

Kids raised with low-self esteem can often grow up and choose partners who mistreat them and disrespect them, because it's what they are used to and they don't think they deserve better so they don't want to take the chance on waiting.

Cars break down-- esp. when you have money problems and are buying older cars, or when you can't take your car in for regular maintenance when they are running well, or when you let that squeaky belt go for a while because you can't afford to replace it.

And all families have people who die. That's just part of life it, happens.

Noes I think they just all making same mistaks.

Yes but not in terms of luck as you suggest. Generational curses are biblical, but we humans curse our own seed when we sin. Divorce, poverty, alcoholism, addiction, human abuse, etc all run in families. God says that what WE do today affects our seed down to our great great grandchildren. We literally teach our children how to sin with our own sinful practices. They watch and copy. If you want to bless your seed rather than curse them, then you must live to serve the Lord yourself.

Its never too late to break the chain and start living for the Lord. He will then bless you AND your seed.

Exo 20:5

I lay the sins of the parents upon their children; the entire family is affected—even children in the third and fourth generations of those who reject me.

Exo 20:6

But I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those who love me and obey my commands.

GENERATIONAL BLESSINGS

Every right choice makes it easier for those who come after you.

Those are seeds that make your life fuller, and your children and grandchildren better off.

I want my relatives to do great things in life because of me, not in spite of me.

Your life can be a stepping stone or a stumbling block.

Negative things get passed down but God raised you up to put a stop to it.

There are generational curses but there is also a generational blessing.

You can store up mercy for yourself and future generations.

Those things are by God's will..I don't think its a curse. Although, people can be cursed either by a family member or God. For example, if a mother or a father who cursed his children for reasons or things they've done. Then they would become accursed, they wouldn't become good children and so will their children. OR God curses certain group of people because they've earned His wrath, anger and hatred for what they did or doing until God forgives..until they seek forgiveness.