Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 years ago

my fiancee told me she intends to keep her maiden name after we're married?

she also said she wants to keep each of our cars in our own names, keep separate bank accounts, separate checking accounts, separate credit cards, keep all our finances separate and file taxes separately. she even wants separate bedrooms. (she said i snore.) is there any point in getting married?

she said she intends to take separate vacations without me, too.

Tell her to sling her hook.

Ask her how is going to separate the children? Is she planning to have two and give you one? This is stupid. Don't get married, you will have to divorce her in a year. She doesn't want a family, to be honest, I don't want why in the world did she say YES in the first place.

I would be very cautious of someone who didn't want to share anything with me. This sounds creepy especially the separate vacations and bedrooms. My boyfriend snores like a beast but I haven't considered separating us. Now the money not so much if you're bad with it but the rest seems a bit odd. You had better be sure of what you're doing before its too late.

• .

If that doesn't work for you, then cancel the engagement. It would work for some couples, but doesn't make sense of you two aren't in agreement from the start.

Sounds like you two have different ideas of marriage and different reasons for deciding to marry.

• Ocimom

Good question - WHY is she marrying you or anyone else. I'd be breaking the engagement and each go your separate ways. All she wants is marriage on paper - otherwise she wants nothing to do with you.

Run fast as you can and find someone that knows and believes in marriages.

• Amz

Well Charles, it sounds like she's letting you know up front what being married to her is going to be like!

I can understand it all, except for the vacations. that's weird.

It's obviously time to talk to her more about this BEFORE you get married. If you do get married, i'd get a prenup.

Keeping her maiden name is fine (frankly I've never understood why a woman changes her name just because she gets married. Seems like an ownership thing from the Middle Ages to me.) But wanting to keep stuff in separate names. And wanting to take separate vacations?!? Why are you even considering marriage to this person? Why even post this question? Do NOT get married to her - you will regret it. Although she sounds perfect to me, for my personality, she sounds absolutely dreadful for you.

no, absolutely not. i am surprised she hasn't had you sign a prenup

Weird to each their own I guess

Sounds controlling. Definitely wouldn’t want to spend the rest of my life with that b*tch. Separate bedrooms? Lol I mean cmon is she your fiancé or your f*cking roommate?