Should I come out as bisexual?

I am a 13 year old boy, and I am sure that I am bisexual. I want to come out as bi so I could possibly have sex with another man. But I don’t want my family or any of my neighbors to know, what do I do?

• Rick
    Favorite Answer

Don't come out to them. Only come out where you'll be able to have sex with a man. That said, be careful and make sure this is something you really want to do.

" I could possibly have sex with another man"

That's really dangerous. You're way underage. Men won't have sex with you, unless they are predators.

Stick to teenagers at your middle school. There are probably many others who want the same as you.

Coming out is a big risk. Eventually your family and neighbors will find out.

~Aizen

Please don’t have sex till you are a legal adult. Learn about how to have safe sex. Be tested for std’s Once a year when you start being sexually active. But you really don’t need sex for a few more years - trust me.

It’s ok. You don’t need to have it all worked out now. Life brings changes. There is no reason to out your self now to the whole world. Some kids that have homophobic parents should not out them selves till they are in their own and paying their own bills. And even if your family is supportive - I wouldn’t out myself till at least college. I’m sorry - but I just don’t think most high schools are safe enough to be out due to homophobia. In high school - i’d Only out myself to just a select few.

For now - just create a network of supporters. Get in gay youth groups as a straight ally or as “questioning”. Maybe make an appearance or two at the local gay community center if you have one. A great online gay youth group that is moderated is called trevorspace - google it.

• reme_1

You are 13 and too young to be concerned about sex right now. Please get yourself involved in some physical activites.